Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #1 - Monsters

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #1 - Monsters

Post by Chad Peter » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Welp, here it is in all its (lack of) glory. Mark Heiliger and I have gone and made a podcast. We're not entirely sure WHY we've made a podcast (faces for radio?), but it's the future, where people blast their opinions wherever and whenever, so we thought we'd shit on the world with our own.

Episode ONE starts with a little podcast on the 2010 movie "Monsters", directed by Gareth Edwards (Star Wars: Rogue One). Figured it was a timely selection, and a great little movie thru-out. Now, if you HAVEN'T SEEN "Monsters", don't fret completely - we start our episodes by simply gearing up for the screening, talking expectations, etc, for approximately 15 minutes before we stop to watch the movie (without you) - so you can always listen up until that point and decide if you actually want to listen further or stop to watch the movie. We'll see how this goes.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... NSTERS.mp3

Oh, and we'll have a title for the podcast soon...

MONSTERS (2010)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/combined

Performers of note: Scoot McNairy and Whitney Able. Special mention of Mario Zuniga Benavides, the awesome "ticket-seller" character, who has never acted in anything else.
monsters.jpg
monsters.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Heiliger

Re: Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #1 - Monsters

Post by Heiliger » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:34 pm

For the record, I wanted to call it Now THIS Is Podcasting! but it looks like that's taken.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:47 pm

I said, indubitably. You'll get this reference eventually. Or not, whatever. I'm going to go listen now.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:28 am

That's a fine sounding podcast you've got there guys.

I really enjoyed monsters it did get a cinematic release over here and there was a lot of publicity in the VFX community since Edwards was quite well known for the 'Attila the Hun' programme had made for the BBC which had also done all the effects work on as well and later did an FX-PhD series on exactly how he put the show together

I need to go back and watch it again I remember it being a very strong piece for its character work but got a lot of bad reviews due to the marketing made it seem like it was a film about monsters.

Is definitely one I put on whenever I'm kicking around the notion of making my own low-budget feature.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 am

Faldor wrote:That's a fine sounding podcast you've got there guys.
We're essentially boom-mic'ing ourselves. I've set up a C-Stand to boom a Schoeps CMIT-5U shotgun mic over our heads. The real trouble will come when we've got more than just Mark and I sitting in on a podcast.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

One thing I'd love to do except I don't really have the money and know I'd never use it if I did, Is drop a £100 or so on a mixing deck and some XLR mic's and have a proper podcast studio set up.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

Faldor wrote:One thing I'd love to do except I don't really have the money and know I'd never use it if I did, Is drop a £100 or so on a mixing deck and some XLR mic's and have a proper podcast studio set up.
What do you currently record the show with???

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm

USB condenser, works great for recording over skype but you'd need a different set up if everyone was in the same room.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:58 pm

I had this movie on my queue for the longest time and never watched it. Now I will have to hunt it down again.