Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #2 - The Fabulous Stains

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #2 - The Fabulous Stains

Post by Chad Peter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 pm

OKAY, a little late release for today, but here's our untitled podcast for the week, episode 2, as we cover the 1980's cult music film, "Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains". This is a movie that I saw upon it's 2010 re-release on DVD and secretly loved. It's not exactly a great film, but it has some pretty iconic moments and some good scenes worth seeing. The cast is still relevant to this day. "Lost" for 30 years, "Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains" finally had a real release in 2010 for the first time.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... STAINS.mp3

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FABULOUS STAINS (2010)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082639/combined

Performers of note: Diane Lane, Laura Dern and Ray Winstone.
17-ladies-and-gentlemen-the-fabulous-stains-1981_imagelarge.jpg
17-ladies-and-gentlemen-the-fabulous-stains-1981_imagelarge.jpg (21.13 KiB) Viewed 535 times

Adam Bertocci

Re: Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #2 - The Fabulous Stains

Post by Adam Bertocci » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 pm

I am very glad you introduced me to this movie way back when. I enjoyed it a lot, for all its oddness.

The ending bit (Diane Lane's wonderful look to the sky just before we go to the music video) inspired the ending of a novel I'm still trying to get the publishing industry to show some love.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 am

Adam Bertocci wrote:I am very glad you introduced me to this movie way back when. I enjoyed it a lot, for all its oddness.

The ending bit (Diane Lane's wonderful look to the sky just before we go to the music video) inspired the ending of a novel I'm still trying to get the publishing industry to show some love.
Hah, good to hear. Lemme know if anything ever comes of that. And I'm serious about what Mark and I talked about at the end of this podcast... I'd love to actually do a current-day sequel to this movie. Adam - maybe we should talk. LOL.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Enjoying the podcasts. For those with Netflix that still get disks on top of streaming it's lurking in the bowels of obscurity there.

I seem to vaguely remember this movie but not a single scene comes to mind which leads me to think I either never actually watched it or I was in a drug and alcohol addled stupor during the viewing, not an uncommon state of mind for me during the mid to late eighties which is most likely when I would've seen it. Either way, it's on my queue for a fresh view.

Keep 'em coming.