Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #5 - Hobo with a Shotgun

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #5 - Hobo with a Shotgun

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Ah, yes, the modern day treasure that is "Hobo with a Shotgun". Mark and I try to figure out exactly where this movie spawned from (do we fail? We don't know, because we don't research anyway). Rutger Hauer plays it straight in this insanely crazy grindhouse flick.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... HOTGUN.mp3

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640459/combined

Performers of note: Rutger Hauer.
hobo.jpg
hobo.jpg (135.98 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Lance

Re: Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #5 - Hobo with a Shotgun

Post by Lance » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 pm

The beauty, if you could call it that, about this film is its exploitation of exploit films. It's so over the top that it's almost making fun of the audience that enjoys the grindhouse/exploit genre without apology. They amplify every shock value scenario and exaggerated gore effect to purely comedic levels in a way that lets you know they're here to fuck shit up and have a blast doing it just for your entertainment. I've been essentially banned from playing this at the shop, seems "tattooers are too high class to watch this garbage and shouldn't perpetuate a stereotype." (actual quote after one viewing). My industry is full of pretentious little douche waffles these days so fuck that guy. Definitely not a move for those seeking meaningful value of any sort, but good fun to throw at good wholesome folk just to see if they squirm uncomfortably.

You guys were talking about Slenderman movies : The Tall Man (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 pm

LMAO. I can't imagine that phrase being uttered in a tattoo parlor...

haha, "the tall man" was a slenderman film? Isn't there also a new film coming out very soon about slenderman? Like a documentary or something?

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Chad Peter wrote:LMAO. I can't imagine that phrase being uttered in a tattoo parlor... [/quote}

Right? Caught me off guard, I actually gave it a thought for a minute before describing the size and girth of the stick I imagined he had up his ass.
Chad Peter wrote: haha, "the tall man" was a slenderman film? Isn't there also a new film coming out very soon about slenderman? Like a documentary or something?
The name gives it away ;) HBO has a documentary coming out according to Google, first I've heard of it. I don't even know much about the legend other than what the kids have told me so, guess I should watch and edumacate myself.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Huh, I made a mess of that post. These things happen.

Heiliger

Post by Heiliger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I watched The Tall Man thinking (hoping) it was a Slenderman movie. At best, it's inspired by the idea of a tall, thin person stealing children. Definitely not a Slenderman movie though and definitely not worth your time.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Heiliger wrote:I watched The Tall Man thinking (hoping) it was a Slenderman movie. At best, it's inspired by the idea of a tall, thin person stealing children. Definitely not a Slenderman movie though and definitely not worth your time.
Though I completely agree with the not worth your time, what I remember of this film was, even if just loosely, based on the Slender Man mythos. So I would concider it a poor attempt at explaning a non-supernatural Slender Man movie, at least based on what little I know of the legend: http://www.playwithdeath.com/urban-lege ... ender-man/

Or I'm just making connections that aren't there. Known to happen.