Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #8 - Just One of the Guys

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #8 - Just One of the Guys

Post by Chad Peter » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

"Just One of the Guys" - straight from the 80's (and completely unbeknownst to me), this movie lurked in the shadows for the past 30 years (where it mostly continues to live). Apparently I'm the last one to have heard about it - though it is one of Mark's favorites (he can defend himself further, if he so chooses). This is a quirky sex-swap comedy with a low budget and nobody (mostly) of recognizable fame, with the exception of William Zabka (Karate Kid) and Sherilyn Fenn. It's worth seeing, but not spectacular (Mark might disagree). That said, I enjoyed it.

Note 1: Mark's film professor actually directed this, so he's got some insight into the making of it.

Note 2: Releasing this two days early.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... HEGUYS.mp3

Just One of the Guys (1985)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089393/

Performers of note: Joyce Hyser, Clayton Rohner, Billy Jayne, William Zabka, Sherilyn Fenn

Available for streaming? Doesn't appear to be, currently. http://www.canistream.it/search/movie/j ... the%20guys
MPW-5834.jpg
MPW-5834.jpg (36.31 KiB) Viewed 287 times

Lank

Re: Chad & Mark's Untitled Podcast #8 - Just One of the Guys

Post by Lank » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:27 am

This film was a defining moment of my childhood.
"We're here to fuck shit up."

Heiliger

Post by Heiliger » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:59 am

Here's the article I refer to in the podcast:
http://uproxx.com/movies/just-one-of-th ... history/2/

This was a defining moment for half the guys in my film school directing class which made it very awkward for the teacher, who directed this movie.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:33 am

Digging these guys, keep it up. Having grown up in the 70s and 80s I've seen most of the obscure movies from that era on. It's interesting to re-visit them through laid back analytical discussion between two friends who are in the industry. Speaking of obscure 80s movies, have either of you ever seen Ice Pirates? Or should I just not make suggestions?

Heiliger

Post by Heiliger » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 am

Haven't seen it, but I have heard of it. So far I've just been working with what I have in my collection. There's a chance Chad or I could buy something new though.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:52 am

Heiliger wrote:Haven't seen it, but I have heard of it. So far I've just been working with what I have in my collection. There's a chance Chad or I could buy something new though.
You guys just keep doing your thing. I'll keep listening.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Lance wrote:Digging these guys, keep it up. Having grown up in the 70s and 80s I've seen most of the obscure movies from that era on. It's interesting to re-visit them through laid back analytical discussion between two friends who are in the industry.
This.
Lance wrote:Speaking of obscure 80s movies, have either of you ever seen Ice Pirates?
And more this.
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:15 am

haha, I'd be down for Ice Pirates. Trust me, at some point we'll be "running out" of options and our motto so far has pretty much been "anything and everything", because we know that EVENTUALLY we'll get to see everything.