The Hell With This Podcast #40 - "One Dark Night" (1982)

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

The Hell With This Podcast #40 - "One Dark Night" (1982)

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:57 am

Mark finally gets his Halloween wish - he and Chad tackle a movie that at least falls into the horror film genre this time.  "One Dark Night" seems to have disappeared from public view since it's release in 1982.  How we stumbled across it, only Chad knows (he totally judged the blu-ray by its awesome cover, and bought it without having seen it).

https://thehellwiththiscom.files.wordpr ... knight.mp3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086050/combined/

Performers of note: Meg Tilly, Melissa Newman, Robin Evans, Leslie Speights, Elizabeth Daily, Adam West, Tom McLoughlin.
onedarknight.jpg
onedarknight.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 115 times

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Re: The Hell With This Podcast #40 - "One Dark Night" (1982)

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm

And the Blu Ray cover that got Chad to take a chance on it...:
181428_front.jpg
181428_front.jpg (177.9 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 pm

They should have let Dead Like Me fade off into obscurity instead of making that travesty of a movie in an attempt at closure. I loved that show. Substituting characters with actors that had no reasonable likeness in aesthetic or mannerism. The show had chemistry and a soul, the movie's soul expired.

-"Rube: Same thing happens to milk. It spoils, goes bad, souls go bad in all kinds of ways.
George: But...
Rube: [continues to speak in quiet anger] If you're having trouble comprehending the severity of the situation, why don't you consult Webster's on the definition of bad? If you don't take her soul, it's going to wither and die and rot inside her. I've seen it happen. Do you wish to condemn her to that?"

Aaaand, back to the podcast.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 pm
They should have let Dead Like Me fade off into obscurity instead of making that travesty of a movie in an attempt at closure. I loved that show. Substituting characters with actors that had no reasonable likeness in aesthetic or mannerism. The show had chemistry and a soul, the movie's soul expired.

-"Rube: Same thing happens to milk. It spoils, goes bad, souls go bad in all kinds of ways.
George: But...
Rube: [continues to speak in quiet anger] If you're having trouble comprehending the severity of the situation, why don't you consult Webster's on the definition of bad? If you don't take her soul, it's going to wither and die and rot inside her. I've seen it happen. Do you wish to condemn her to that?"

Aaaand, back to the podcast.
Oh man... I miss this show SO HARD.

Rube's rant to a customer about a "der fucking patty melt" kills me every time.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Oh man... I miss this show SO HARD.

Rube's rant to a customer about a "der fucking patty melt" kills me every time.
Yeah, I break out the DVD's about once a year if it's not streaming somewhere. I do the same with Firefly.

I don't know if this falls in line with what you guys were talking about at the end there since it's not (really) a horror flick, but it does deal with cadavers and the such:
Pathology

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:22 pm
I don't know if this falls in line with what you guys were talking about at the end there since it's not (really) a horror flick, but it does deal with cadavers and the such:
Pathology
Ohh, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.