"Pearblossom" - Unfinished Cut - c.2011

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

"Pearblossom" - Unfinished Cut - c.2011

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:19 pm

Welp, I finally rendered out an unfinished version of "Pearblossom", from... 2011? This film is wraught with problems - none of which I'll ever spend the time to fix at this point - so here it is, in its unfinished glory. I don't think it aged well, technically or politically (you'll see what I mean). Note: I had started to "fix" every single shot in the short film (with VFX), which then became a huge mess, removing all the "jello" rolling shutter from everything... which ultimately killed the film. I learned the hard way that the Canon 7D will actually "trim" the darker areas of the image, cutting off the black point and making it BLACK as fuck forever - one scene in particular lost almost all image and it's hard to even make out what's happening. Furthermore, sound mixing never actually started, so the mix is a horrible mess and the dialogue is very tough to decipher. BUT, here it is.

Pearblossom - Unfinished Cut - c.2011
Written By - Savanna Parra
Directed By - Chad Peter
etc etc - various crew members - np2k's own Bryan Harley and Matt "Lank" Hingstman helped out on this shoot.

https://vimeo.com/382251808
password: pearblossom

Lance

Re: "Pearblossom" - Unfinished Cut - c.2011

Post by Lance » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:25 pm

OMG, what happens to her?
Does she get eaten by coyotes?
Does she turn to prostitution?
Does she land a leading breakout role in Chad Peter's next indy film, jump starting a long and rewarding acting career that gets her nominated by the academy and makes her a household name?

I stared at a black screen for minutes while the score continued to play, sending me spiraling into an existential quandary, and still I want.

Give me closure!

Or don't. Either way, It's cool.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Oh boy, I remember this shoot. That car rig was a nightmare.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:51 pm

haha Lance - there's supposed to be a "roll credits" title card at the end there, but alas I was too lazy to make one. SORRY.

And yes, that car rig was awful. Just awful.