TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Lance

Re: TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

Post by Lance » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:58 am

Chad Peter wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:14 pm
... nothing a beer won't solve! ...
Heh, if only.

It's not so much a nervous thing as a too many thoughts at once, with too many words to describe said thoughts, thing.

Basically, if the subject is a penny laid on a train track, my first thought is the first train and all of the words to describe that thought are the cars of that train. There's thirty trains heading down the same track, back to back, at speed...

Adding alcohol just makes the impending train wreck hilarious so, yeah, highly recommended.

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Skipped most of my workday to get out on the trail and film! After reviewing all of the footage I think I'm all but done. I do need four more easy shots with two of my actors that I'll get once we get back from vacation, but those are quick and easy. Otherwise, I have a short film in post production!

It was the hottest day of the year, so far.
The mosquitoes ate us alive.
I dragged my actor over a wasp nest getting him stung twice.
We got kicked off of a private road while filming.
It was a good day.

Lank

Post by Lank » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Nice!
"We're here to fuck shit up."

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Excellent news, dude. Bee stings and all. SUFFER FOR YOUR ART!

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 am

Lance wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Otherwise, I have a short film in post production!
Nice! Niiiiiice. Really looking forward to this.

Speaking of...uh, so Chad...LAX footage for Untitled Australian Road Trip film is in the can? Or on the card, or however you put it?
Chad Peter wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 pm
SUFFER FOR YOUR ART!
"I'd suffer for my art, but I'd rather some poor bastard suffer for his." - Patton (paraphrased)

"This is my art and it is dangerous!" - Beetlejuice
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 am

Speaking of...uh, so Chad...LAX footage for Untitled Australian Road Trip film is in the can? Or on the card, or however you put it?
Definitely not yet. Job yes. Personal projects no. You offering to shoot it? :P :P :P

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm
Mike wrote:

Definitely not yet. Job yes. Personal projects no. You offering to shoot it? :P :P :P
Even knowing, as you do, that I live to disappoint you - nobody but NOBODY wants me to shoot their shit. You know this.
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:12 pm
Chad Peter wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm
Mike wrote:

Even knowing, as you do, that I live to disappoint you - nobody but NOBODY wants me to shoot their shit. You know this.
BUT IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS! Commmeeeee onnnnnn, Mikkkkkkeeeeee!

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Slowly editing the new footage into their respective positions whenever I get a free moment. I have a lot of catch up I have to do at work which is consuming most of my life, I apparently can't leave these children (tattooers) alone for a week and expect a functioning shop. How the fuck these artists manage to survive their own lives without a babysitter, I'll never know.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

I like how my name is on the thread so every time Lance drags this project towards the finish line with his teeth, I get to feel a sense of achievement.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Faldor wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am
I like how my name is on the thread so every time Lance drags this project towards the finish line with his teeth, I get to feel a sense of achievement.
And, you have an "and" writing credit on the opening so, there's that. :D

Edited for content.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 am

Lance wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm
And, you have an "and" writing credit on the opening so, there's that. :D
I've not felt this proud since my "Thanks To" Credit on Apocalypse, CA! 8-)

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:31 am

haha Lance - thanks for being the ONE person to complete a project. haha last time it was Lank. Now it's you. I wonder who will be NEXT?

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am

Chad Peter wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:31 am
haha Lance - thanks for being the ONE person to complete a project. haha last time it was Lank. Now it's you. I wonder who will be NEXT?
Dude, shut up, don't jinx it!!
:lol:

Lance

Post by Lance » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Editing hurts.

I am happy with the way it's coming together. I moved a few sequences around to make it flow a little better, dropped a shot here and there. Still trimming and tightening up this and that, coloring, working on sound. Man, there's a lot that goes into films. I still have a total of ten shots with the other actors left to fill the storyboard but they're easy shots and I'm working on getting those shortly (maybe even this weekend). The story works without them but I think it will lack a little something, so I want them. I hope to have a finished short film by end of summer/early fall, sooner if I can get the shots and some free time from work.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:34 am

Lance wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Editing hurts.
You ain't kiddin. Physically it hurts too, when you've done it for a week straight without moving.

Glad it all is coming together on your own terms. It's a helluva experience putting something like that together, which seems easy from the outside, but you'll look back on it like - wow, holy fuck that seemed like a lot of effort at the time. I'll still look at Apocalypse from time to time and think the same thing. It's like raising a child and making sure they survive through college. Takes years off your life, but hey - at least you've (almost) got a movie now!

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:34 am

You ain't kiddin. Physically it hurts too, when you've done it for a week straight without moving.

Yeah, my neck is killing me. Totally worth it.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 am

Lance wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm
I moved a few sequences around to make it flow a little better, dropped a shot here and there. Still trimming and tightening up this and that, coloring, working on sound. Man, there's a lot that goes into films.
Congrats on getting to the fun bit!

This is where a film actually comes together.

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Well, I'm just waiting on one small sequence of shots with one actor. I'm contemplating just throwing on a wig, dying my beard (temp), setting up the shots, and having the wife hit record. There's no close up shots so I think I can pull it off.

Otherwise, the film is mostly edited. I keep going back to fiddle with this and that in the timeline but it's all there. Working on laying in the audio effects and music score, which I need to double check to make sure I can actually use. Then there's a couple of simple VFX to slap together, credit everyone, get permissions from a certain social media site to use their UI for one shot, and figure out how to get it up for private viewing so you guys can let me know whether it's worth getting it ready to submit to film festivals or just slap it up online in hopes to generate views. In any case it will be available to view for all here.

Two years for an 11 min. short film. In that time I have:
Re-Roofed my house by myself (mostly), leveled my back yard, built a shed, scraped and painted (some of) my house, dealt with a car accident and replacing my wife's car, re-financed my house, driven to L.A. and back, and kept my job and family intact with all of the extra curricular activity that entails.

I have a ton of other film projects swirling around in the ol' noggin but, before I redirect any effort to developing those ideas, I have to finish this first.

Soon.

Lank

Post by Lank » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Lance wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:25 pm
Two years for an 11 min. short film. In that time I have:
Re-Roofed my house by myself (mostly), leveled my back yard, built a shed, scraped and painted (some of) my house, dealt with a car accident and replacing my wife's car, re-financed my house, driven to L.A. and back, and kept my job and family intact with all of the extra curricular activity that entails.
Sounds about right :)
Keep going!
"We're here to fuck shit up."