TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

Contains all threads pertaining to the ongoing '2k Studio Fest
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Re: TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Lance wrote:Update: I am very near ready to begin shooting. I will be shooting on a Nikon D5100 w/ tripod, stabilizer, sheer will, and a vision. Audio will be recorded on a Tascam DR-05 WAV @ 48K through a BOYA by-pvm1000. Weather and schedules providing, I should be able to start shooting withing the next few weeks.
Radical! Keep us updated!

Fig

Post by Fig » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:26 am

So, here's the first test footage I shot when I broke out the dslr for the first time. It's all shot in hand without a stabilizer, run through after effects, and slapped together in premiere over some creepy ambient background noise. The clips are nothing special, like I said it's just some test footage, but the quality is a bagillion times better than the camera I was working with. Welcome to my tattoo world...minus me.

https://youtu.be/7bjGAAap91A

Fig

Post by Fig » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 am

Cool. I like the dark blobs.

(The Dark Blobs, band name, etc..)

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Fig wrote:Cool. I like the dark blobs.

(The Dark Blobs, band name, etc..)
Yeah, we're one of only a handfull of shops that will tattoo clients suffering from "Void Head Syndrome" due to identity varification issues as required by state law. We took the position of calling it a disability way back and involved the A.D.A. so the state overlooks us for the time being. We only refuse service if they try to bring in their "emotional support animals"...seriously, just get over it; Pussies.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu May 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Pretty sure these projects are dead but I still have every intention on shooting. At the moment my roof is a priority as it turned from a simple tear off and re-shingle to a complete removal and replace. It's taking far longer than initially anticipated seeing as 99% of the time I'm a demolition/ building crew of one having to work around Pacific Northwest weather and my work schedule. Thankfully my acting talent and shooting locations are both flexible and enthusiastically understanding. Excuses, excuses.

Fig

Post by Fig » Sat May 21, 2016 10:43 am

Hey man... you make a movie, we'll watch it, that's the deal. Better late than never. 8-)

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat May 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Fig wrote:Hey man... you make a movie, we'll watch it, that's the deal. Better late than never. 8-)
Agreed.

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 pm

*Lies naked in the fetal position on top of a pile of revised scripts, sweating, twitching, and repeating "It's going to get made, I'm going to make it." over and over to an empty room...

I've finally crawled off of my roof so I can re-focus my efforts back toward making this short film. I've re-written the beginning and end of the script, now I just need to get a shooting schedule together that I can stick to. I don't know when, but some day I will have made a short film, and on that day I will pleasure myself...

... in the glory of all that I have created!!
Soooo, Whatca' guys up to?

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Lance wrote:*Lies naked in the fetal position on top of a pile of revised scripts, sweating, twitching, and repeating "It's going to get made, I'm going to make it." over and over to an empty room...

I've finally crawled off of my roof so I can re-focus my efforts back toward making this short film. I've re-written the beginning and end of the script, now I just need to get a shooting schedule together that I can stick to. I don't know when, but some day I will have made a short film, and on that day I will pleasure myself...

... in the glory of all that I have created!!
Soooo, Whatca' guys up to?
YES!

haha, so how far did you ever get with it? Just the script and purchasing of a camera?

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:31 am

Actually I had almost everything ready to go except for a prop that is still sitting on my coffee table. I even shot some test footage to figure out how to light the indoor scenes and recorded some voiceover audio that will no longer be used. Now the season has changed, which changes the outdoor shooting unless I wait for next spring, and the indoor location no longer has big holes in the walls with wires dangling from them, but I can fix that. I'm actually more prepared now than I would've been. That's not to say I have any clue what I'm doing, but I know what I want to do and I'm pretty good at figuring things out.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:00 pm

I have my shot list for the indoor scenes (re)compiled into something legible and my location available for this weekend so, hopefully, I'll be able to get the 60 shots I have outlined for the indoor scenes and any variable shots on the books. I'll have access prior to shooting so I can iron out the lighting, set orientation, and get all of my measurements before hand so that should make the actual filming that much smoother. My dslr rig with follow focus and matte box is due to arrive Friday which will make it that much easier to rack, having set stops and all. The other half of the movie is going to be all out doors so...Oh, fuck, were you listening? Sorry, I thought I was just typing to myself. Here I am just rambling on like an idiot.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:05 am

So...I've begun shooting. Don't get too excited, I'm new at this so I need to shoot way too many takes to get the ones I think will work. I'll get there...I think I need more batteries, or this one to last longer and charge faster. Meh.

Lance

Post by Lance » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:37 am

Result of my first night of shooting after going over the footage: A crap-ton of rookie mistakes, some usable shots, knowledge of what I did wrong and what to do to fix it, and a re-shoot pending. The footage I did get is exactly what I wanted. The footage I lost was just shot too dark (so much visual noise) or slightly out of focus. In my defense, I am running back and forth from being in front and behind the camera (probably my first rookie mistake). I'll be glad to get these scenes shot so I can just be behind the camera for the rest. You've been updated. Thank you and good night.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Sounds like a film shoot to me. haha... Glad to hear it's happening - which is more than we can say about ANY other project here.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Chad Peter wrote:Sounds like a film shoot to me. haha... Glad to hear it's happening - which is more than we can say about ANY other project here.
It's cool, once I'm done with this one I'll just go ahead and do the rest of them too. I figure if I can pump out one ten minute short every 12 months or so I should be curled up in a ball crying with a gun in my mouth in say, oh, I don't know... about two weeks from now sound good? Yeah that sounds good.

I'm actually having a blast, even have some blooper reel. Now if I can just manage to not make it suck balls. That'll be nice.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Update, I'm waiting for my battery to re charge so I can re-shoot the couple of shots I need to re-shoot that don't need the presence of other acting talent, including the part(s) where I drink a healthy amount of rum. I could've used some water and caramel coloring but I've opted for good ol' Sailor Jerry's 92 proof Caribbean spiced rum because, you know, authenticity and shit. I've basically re-shot everything I initially shot because It was all pretty much crap. I have figured out how to lock my aperture and pay attention to my focus now though. Any who, half of my project will essentially be captured as of the end of tonight with any remaining shots to be completed by the end of the week (if all goes as planned, heh). The rest of the project will need a well timed break in the weather that I can gather up the troops while there's still foliage on the trees in these here mountains, or will have to wait until Spring. Progress.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

I don't totally suck at filming!! I didn't say I was good but I'm better than I thought I was. Managed to get (mostly) clean shots in low light without a crap-ton of noise in the darks or blown out lights and keeping the subjects in focus. I think I even got all of the shots I need for this half of the film and have started editing what I have to make sure they're all there. Editing hurts my neck and my brain. Good talk, keep in touch.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:50 am

I think it's fair to say you are greatest filmmaker in this whole competition... ;)

Lance

Post by Lance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Faldor wrote:I think it's fair to say you are greatest filmmaker in this whole competition... ;)
Table for one please. ;)