Podcasts...

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Lance

Re: Podcasts...

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm
Had a chance to sit down and blab with Elaborate podcast host Jake Lloyd (no, not THAT one) recently. Lank knows him well.

Check out episode 32 at:
https://www.dragonwagonradio.com/elaborate/
I might just have to listen to the parts that you both were describing your film making experiences over again 'cuz it felt strangely familiar, which actually quite comforting.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:50 am

Lance wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm
Chad Peter wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm
Had a chance to sit down and blab with Elaborate podcast host Jake Lloyd (no, not THAT one) recently. Lank knows him well.

Check out episode 32 at:
https://www.dragonwagonradio.com/elaborate/
I might just have to listen to the parts that you both were describing your film making experiences over again 'cuz it felt strangely familiar, which actually quite comforting.
Yeah, I'll probably have to listen to those parts again after I make my next feature...

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 am

"Why feel like sh*t when you can feel fantastic? Welcome to You Enjoy Life. Bringing you good vibes, groovy music, and the occasional non-dualistic life knowledge from the one and only YOU, otherwise know as Josh, one half of the Brothers Green."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/you ... 1289090181
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Very groovy for those out the into this kinda thing, or for people working on Chasin' Bourne-type scripts, curated by a former FBI investigator and a TLA sneak-and-peak guy:

The Complete Privacy & Security Podcast

This podcast will explain how to become digitally invisible. You will make all of your communications private, data encrypted, internet connections anonymous, computers hardened, identity guarded, purchases secret, accounts secured, devices locked, and home address hidden. You will remove all personal information from public view and will reclaim your right to privacy. You will no longer give away your intimate details and you will take yourself out of ‘the system’. You will use covert aliases and misinformation to eliminate current and future threats toward your privacy & security. When taken to the extreme, you will be impossible to compromise.

https://inteltechniques.com/podcast.html

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am

Mike wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 pm
Very groovy for those out the into this kinda thing, or for people working on Chasin' Bourne-type scripts, curated by a former FBI investigator and a TLA sneak-and-peak guy:

The Complete Privacy & Security Podcast

This podcast will explain how to become digitally invisible. You will make all of your communications private, data encrypted, internet connections anonymous, computers hardened, identity guarded, purchases secret, accounts secured, devices locked, and home address hidden. You will remove all personal information from public view and will reclaim your right to privacy. You will no longer give away your intimate details and you will take yourself out of ‘the system’. You will use covert aliases and misinformation to eliminate current and future threats toward your privacy & security. When taken to the extreme, you will be impossible to compromise.

https://inteltechniques.com/podcast.html
Sounds both exhausting and important. At this point, I pretty much feel like we're all fucked anyway. Unless we raise our children outside the scope of the connected world, they'll be fucked, too.

Hooray, we're all fucked!

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am

Sounds both exhausting and important. At this point, I pretty much feel like we're all fucked anyway. Unless we raise our children outside the scope of the connected world, they'll be fucked, too.

Hooray, we're all fucked!
If you go full retard, it's definitely exhausting. There are "small achievable goals" you can manage that really help reduce your attack surface though. I'm sure we all know at least one person who's been stalked, doxxed, or character-assasinated online to at least some extent.

On the other hand, I did question my posting this podcast on a film making forum since, in film making, you really do want your name OUT THERE.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:26 am

Mike wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 pm
On the other hand, I did question my posting this podcast on a film making forum since, in film making, you really do want your name OUT THERE.
I've spent the past several years doing everything I can to bury certain films of mine from public view - at least for the time being - until I've shown the ability to publish more dramatic content. Whether or not this was the right choice (probably not) WHO KNOWS, but the internet has changed the world so dramatically, post 9/11, that the kinds of shit I was making back in the day, suddenly has less value. Basically I want to make 80's sex comedies, but the world wants social empowerment-dramas. Or maybe I'm just too close to the people around me in California.

But yeah... thread officially hijacked by me - back on topic!