TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Faldor

Re: TEAM 3 - Faldor / Lance / Owen W. / (Fig)

Post by Faldor » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Actually, if something you come up with ends up being used by a big show, it kinda means as a filmmaker, you're on the right track :D

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Faldor wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Actually, if something you come up with ends up being used by a big show, it kinda means as a filmmaker, you're on the right track :D
I'll take it!

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Woo hoo!!, last man standing!

Wait, is that a good thing? :|

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:33 pm
Woo hoo!!, last man standing!

Wait, is that a good thing? :|
Yes? Means everyone else sucks.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Just to keep this moving forward, to give my actors reference as to what still needs to be done, and so I could lay everything out in the timeline to speed up editing once I have the referenced shots, I filled the voids with crude storyboard draw-ups. There's still much work to be done but at least the pieces of the story are in place and cohesive (I think).

And, if I happen to die before I finish, at least the story will be in place when they show it at my wake.

Tally-ho bitches!!

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 am

Excellent. You've got the itch, that's for sure. I love using storyboards as placeholders. Helps clear up what needs to be done!

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 pm

So, Spring has sprung, the trees are foliating, and my gear is gathered. The plan is to head out on the trail tomorrow morning and film. Weather is supposed to be just right and my main character needs to cut his hair for a wedding soon. Then he's heading out to South Carolina on vacation so this needs to happen! Recruited my loving and beautiful wife to help out on this trip. I should be able to get all of the critical shots I need and can decide if the other shots are necessary.

If I don't post an update within a couple of days please send search and rescue to "Beyond the warning signs" on Old Robe Trail, East of Granite Falls Washington, off Mountain Loop Highway.

:D

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 pm
So, Spring has sprung, the trees are foliating, and my gear is gathered. The plan is to head out on the trail tomorrow morning and film. Weather is supposed to be just right and my main character needs to cut his hair for a wedding soon. Then he's heading out to South Carolina on vacation so this needs to happen! Recruited my loving and beautiful wife to help out on this trip. I should be able to get all of the critical shots I need and can decide if the other shots are necessary.

If I don't post an update within a couple of days please send search and rescue to "Beyond the warning signs" on Old Robe Trail, East of Granite Falls Washington, off Mountain Loop Highway.

Yeah!!! Sweet!!!

Only question... how will we know if you've gone missing?

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed May 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Lance wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 pm
... If I don't post an update within a couple of days Blah,blah...

Only question... how will we know if you've gone missing?
By reading all of the words. :roll: :lol:

I know, I know, way too busy doing Hollywood stuff.

I had anticipated some fumbling out on the trail, seeing as I haven't been out filming in a stretch, but I was not prepared for the plague of equipment issues I encountered. I think I've gotten all of the bugs worked out now but we only got a few of the shots I need so, back on the trail tomorrow to get the rest. At least I was smart enough to go out to the farthest point of the trail and work back. Now all of the shots are closer to the beginning of the trail.

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu May 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Second outing didn't happen. Pushing on.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Fri May 04, 2018 9:06 am

Lance wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:07 pm
Second outing didn't happen. Pushing on.
NOOOOOOO

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!

Lance

Post by Lance » Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am

The good news is: I guess the wedding isn't until June 2nd and he's thinking of just letting his hair grow out, so we're still going to push it into our schedules. There's a couple of good weather days before his vacation and we have a couple of weeks after he gets back to get it done before he gets convinced to trim those locks. The shots I did get are good. Would have had way more if I just did it run and gun so, that's how I'm going out next. I seemed to get some pretty stable shots doing it this time and I have a walking stick I can use as a monopod.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Sat May 05, 2018 3:16 am

Now you're learning why everyone in 40's films wore hates. Continuity.

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed May 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Faldor wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:16 am
Now you're learning why everyone in 40's films wore hates. Continuity.
That's a good idea.
Aaaaaaand now he's going to suddenly be wearing a hat in scenes.
:lol:

Don't ask questions.

Lance

Post by Lance » Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm

My guy is back from vacation and as eager as I am to get out and get these shots done! He has the wedding next weekend so I don't imagine we'll get out before then but, hopefully, not long after we should be out and wrapping up principal. The shots I managed to get on the last outing were sparse but good quality.

I'll be heading down to L.A. end of next month with the family for vacation (at least that's the plan) and I hope to have all of it shot and in post before then.

I also have an idea of how to re-edit the story to help the pacing not drag but I want to get all of the shots before I start cutting them :lol: . Also I still want to have the option to keep the full story or cut a chunk of it just to see what I had envisioned compared to what works best.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat May 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Lance wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm
My guy is back from vacation and as eager as I am to get out and get these shots done! He has the wedding next weekend so I don't imagine we'll get out before then but, hopefully, not long after we should be out and wrapping up principal. The shots I managed to get on the last outing were sparse but good quality.

I'll be heading down to L.A. end of next month with the family for vacation (at least that's the plan) and I hope to have all of it shot and in post before then.

I also have an idea of how to re-edit the story to help the pacing not drag but I want to get all of the shots before I start cutting them :lol: . Also I still want to have the option to keep the full story or cut a chunk of it just to see what I had envisioned compared to what works best.
Where there's a will, THERE'S A WAY!

An L.A. trip? Ohhhh shitttt! haha, nice! Hopefully by then I'll actually have some semblance of a life - until then, I'm under embargo on the new show (we don't wrap filming for another 10 days). I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can find time to grab a beer! Any ideas where you'll be staying/visiting? Maybe Mark and I should save a seat for you on The Hell With This.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:59 pm

An L.A. trip? Ohhhh shitttt! haha, nice! Hopefully by then I'll actually have some semblance of a life - until then, I'm under embargo on the new show (we don't wrap filming for another 10 days). I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can find time to grab a beer! Any ideas where you'll be staying/visiting? Maybe Mark and I should save a seat for you on The Hell With This.
I'd be down for either or both if we can work it out, though My verbal skills can be lacking at times. I tend to stumble over thoughts when put on the spot. I don't mind if you don't.

We'll be staying in the Burbank area and have plans to do Universal and Warner Bros.; maybe La Brea. The rest of the time is up in the air.

We'll be driving down so expect to hit the area late on the 24th or 25th and will be lurking until the 29th of June.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue May 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Lance wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 pm
Chad Peter wrote:

I'd be down for either or both if we can work it out, though My verbal skills can be lacking at times. I tend to stumble over thoughts when put on the spot. I don't mind if you don't.

We'll be staying in the Burbank area and have plans to do Universal and Warner Bros.; maybe La Brea. The rest of the time is up in the air.

We'll be driving down so expect to hit the area late on the 24th or 25th and will be lurking until the 29th of June.
Tis all good, mate - nothing a beer won't solve! There's a reason why we all gravitate towards message boards... to cover up for whatever social inadequacies we all have. Lookin forward to it!

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed May 30, 2018 3:31 am

Chad Peter wrote:

Maybe get everybody on board and shoot the remaining LAX-centric footage of The Untitled Australian Road Trip Movie? As has been discussed at length - and for good reason - it would be a good idea to finish because, you know, continuity.
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Wed May 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Mike wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:31 am
it would be a good idea to finish because, you know, continuity.
Hat's, hats, hats! :D