ITT: Social Media

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

ITT: Social Media

Post by Chad Peter » Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Anybody else find it... odd that the social media-verse has come to a screeching halt? As in, there was myspace, friendster, then Facebook, twitter, instagram........ and did every intelligent site designer throw in the towel and give up? I've been looking for somewhere to leave Facebook for, to escape from the family & work folk - but there's nada. I just want OLD myspace back - is that to much to ask?

//whiny first world problems//

Faldor

Re: ITT: Social Media

Post by Faldor » Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 am

Apparently, there's something called snapchat, but I've honestly got no idea what that is.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Social media reached the point where the signal-to-noise ratio just isn't acceptable to anybody who values their time. I'd kinda expect a resurgence in forums, but thoughtful discourse requires an attention span - where the lack of which I mostly blame the internet in general, not social media.

Edit: I know a bunch of people who are online gamers, and gaming platforms are the general way they interact with people they don't see on a daily basis (or often do see on a daily basis, but want to chat with when they're not working together). So, XBox as social media?
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat May 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Social media reached the point where the signal-to-noise ratio just isn't acceptable to anybody who values their time. I'd kinda expect a resurgence in forums, but thoughtful discourse requires an attention span - where the lack of which I mostly blame the internet in general, not social media.

Edit: I know a bunch of people who are online gamers, and gaming platforms are the general way they interact with people they don't see on a daily basis (or often do see on a daily basis, but want to chat with when they're not working together). So, XBox as social media?
Huh. Hadn't really considered xbox/playstation/etc as social media, but that makes a lot of sense.