ITT: wait what where

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

ITT: wait what where

Post by Chad Peter » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:28 am

Awfully quiet round these parts. Dark times in forumville. Dark times, indeed.

Lance

Re: ITT: wait what where

Post by Lance » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Sorry man, Been busy. I've only been able to listen to about 10 min of the last podcast. I haven't seen the movie so, nothing to contribute thus far.

I've been working on four different ideas for new short films and how to go about making any of them work on a zero budget scenario. I think I can get three of them to work If I can find the actors that can pull it off, and do it just for the thrill of being told what to do over and over again in front of a camera. The fourth would need a budget unless I can get a couple of cars I could crash and/or burn and some locations I could trash in a frenzy of riotous mayhem as a plot point. Would also need a good amount of extras for multiple scenes. That one's the least likely to get made any time soon, but also has the second most developed story.

Other than that, my old circus buddy (cirque du soleil) was in town for a few months so I was catching up on where our lives have brought us, reminiscing on our childhood adventures, and plotting out our futures over alcohol, grub, and a few paintbrushes. Good times.

I still check the forum daily, but I over think every time I type anything so it takes a minute. Sometimes it's just a minute I don't have. I'd hate to see the forum fold, again, but I understand that there's no reason to keep it going if no one's going to participate. I can try to post random topics for discussion just to see what conversations we can drum up if you're okay with that, I just don't want to spam the forum with stupid crap no one wants to talk about.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Lance wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm
I've been working on four different ideas for new short films and how to go about making any of them work on a zero budget scenario. I think I can get three of them to work If I can find the actors that can pull it off, and do it just for the thrill of being told what to do over and over again in front of a camera. The fourth would need a budget unless I can get a couple of cars I could crash and/or burn and some locations I could trash in a frenzy of riotous mayhem as a plot point. Would also need a good amount of extras for multiple scenes. That one's the least likely to get made any time soon, but also has the second most developed story.
AMAZING. We've created a monster. I love it.

hahah and for the fourth idea, you just hold the cast and crew hostage until the neighbor finally has a meltdown - maybe you can set your scene amidst the riot that will follow.
Lance wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm
I still check the forum daily, but I over think every time I type anything so it takes a minute. Sometimes it's just a minute I don't have. I'd hate to see the forum fold, again, but I understand that there's no reason to keep it going if no one's going to participate. I can try to post random topics for discussion just to see what conversations we can drum up if you're okay with that, I just don't want to spam the forum with stupid crap no one wants to talk about.
hahah, all good - honestly you just described my own experience of coming back here. I still pay for it, but I don't know why other than I figured I'd keep it online FOREVER. Or at least until hackers bring it down again. :?

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 am

I'm still lurking.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Faldor wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 am
I'm still lurking.
LURKER!

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 pm

// heavy breathing

Tell me what you're wearing.
"Np2k has ruined my life." - Lance

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 pm
// heavy breathing

Thin... out... down... nothing but a cock ring.

That last one might be true.

Is anyone else in the habit of copying what they've written before they hit the submit button, just in case?

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 pm
Mike wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 pm
// heavy breathing

Thin... out... down... nothing but a cock ring.

That last one might be true.

Is anyone else in the habit of copying what they've written before they hit the submit button, just in case?
Not since I hit paste about twenty years ago to find an email that a friend had written, copied (and deleted) about me prior to sending. Lets just say it wasn't a nice email, and I hadn't even been snooping to find it - i simply tried to copy and paste something into an email of my own, on the same computer, but my copy didn't overwrite her copy, et voila! Broken friendship! lol

Lance

Post by Lance » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Not since I hit paste about twenty years ago to find an email that a friend had written, copied (and deleted) about me prior to sending. Lets just say it wasn't a nice email, and I hadn't even been snooping to find it - i simply tried to copy and paste something into an email of my own, on the same computer, but my copy didn't overwrite her copy, et voila! Broken friendship! lol
Ouch, better to know though.

I make sure I copy what I've written just because there has been more times than I'd like that I've spent a chunk of time and thought process wording out something at length, just to have it disappear into oblivion once I hit the "submit" button. Not just on this site, I've lost many thoughts across the internet in my days, along with a few glitching programs. I like to hedge my bets nowadays just out of an over abundance of caution.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Lance wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm
I make sure I copy what I've written just because there has been more times than I'd like that I've spent a chunk of time and thought process wording out something at length, just to have it disappear into oblivion once I hit the "submit" button. Not just on this site, I've lost many thoughts across the internet in my days, along with a few glitching programs. I like to hedge my bets nowadays just out of an over abundance of caution.
Ah yes, the great black hole of the submit button. Many a word lost, for sure, to the familiar hole. Hahah, at the same time, I'm equally sure I'm glad a few posts were LOST IN TIME prior to posting.

Faldor

Post by Faldor » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 am

I always find myself instinctively clicking the left button and not submit =/

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Ahoy. I’m still alive. Working on a sweded version of the Rise of Skywalker trailer of course.