Creative malaise

The original NP2k Film Forum
Bryan Harley

Re: Creative malaise

Post by Bryan Harley »

Ornsack wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:04 pm When I joined NP2k making live action movies was all I could think about. It was my life, from childhood to early 30s.

The thought of making something sounds exhausting now. Not a bone in my body wants to command a whole crew (travelling around Australia with some equipment and two actors sounds fun though).
This. Pretty much. It's sad, but true.

I still have occassional flickers of desire and amibition to make a short, a feature, anything. Then I just binge some fuckin show and call it a night.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Hahaha, I was thinking that same thing last night. EVERY FUCKING DAY, there's a new season of some show to watch. I'm about to cut ties with all TV... if that's even possible.

Still, would LOVE to see some Bryan Harley shorts.
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

One of these days I'll get round to making another short.
Heiliger

Post by Heiliger »

I had this exact conversation with my girlwifefriend yesterday. We both realized we don't have dream jobs anymore. Our dream is to not work. 20 years ago, I could not have imagined passing on a STAR WARS project because the commute was too long. That's just what I did though. The business of being creative is physically and mentally exhausting even if you're just parked behind a computer all day. And a thousand people are telling you you're doing it wrong every day. The money is good, but I don't feel like I have skin in the game anymore.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Heiliger wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:29 pm I had this exact conversation with my girlwifefriend yesterday. We both realized we don't have dream jobs anymore. Our dream is to not work. 20 years ago, I could not have imagined passing on a STAR WARS project because the commute was too long. That's just what I did though. The business of being creative is physically and mentally exhausting even if you're just parked behind a computer all day. And a thousand people are telling you you're doing it wrong every day. The money is good, but I don't feel like I have skin in the game anymore.
TLDR - YOU PASSED ON STAR WARS?!?!?!

I still have some desire to make shit, but it's more of a deep-seeded anger that I haven't put any real effort into it for awhile. But I still wouldn't pass on Star Wars - no matter how terrible it is now.
Bryan Harley

Post by Bryan Harley »

Yeah, wow, not to rub it in, but... you don't pass on Star Wars my dude!
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Bryan Harley wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:38 am Yeah, wow, not to rub it in, but... you don't pass on Star Wars my dude!
haha... Yeah, MARK.