"Black Flower"

The original NP2k Film Forum
Chad Peter
Site Admin

"Black Flower"

Post by Chad Peter »

Still attempting to get this behemoth off the ground. It's been rewritten more times than I can count, and now it's based in Liverpool and Northern Wales. Currently we have a start date set for April 1st, 2023 and have offers out to some actors. With a little luck, it'll happen - this is our best chance yet. More as it comes along.
Lance

Re: "Black Flower"

Post by Lance »

It'll be interesting to see just how much it changes from what I had read. I'm not familiar with the locations visually so I have no real frame of reference for the cabin location and such. Colorado I know, Liverpool not so much.
Bryan Harley

Post by Bryan Harley »

Can I be a PA?
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Bryan, yes. Martin Lejeune and Dave Brain are also hired, even though they don't know it yet (nor do they know it's being filmed in the UK). Also Nick Long is helping out as a producer as well. It's a family affair.
Lance wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:00 pm It'll be interesting to see just how much it changes from what I had read. I'm not familiar with the locations visually so I have no real frame of reference for the cabin location and such. Colorado I know, Liverpool not so much.
I had to get rid of the snow, which actually traded with the gloom of the weather in the UK quite well. The whole "never see the sun" aspect works well. It's definitely a very different vibe.
Owen Ward

Post by Owen Ward »

Long time since I've been round these parts, how's it going?

I'm a Liverpool local, so more than happy to help out with this. I also help run an acting class, so I've got plenty of options for if you need any local actors.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmBryan, yes. Martin Lejeune and Dave Brain are also hired, even though they don't know it yet
Ooh yes I'm up for this if you'll have me!
Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmit's based in Liverpool and Northern Wales
Rememeber the rules of filming in the UK in the eyes of an international audience - If it's filmed in the south of England it's "a movie" and if it's filmed in northern England/Wales/Scotland/N Ireland it's "a foreign movie". I jest of course, but I feel like that's worth thinking about when it comes to festivals etc :D

Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmthe gloom of the weather in the UK quite well. The whole "never see the sun" aspect works well. It's definitely a very different vibe.
You're tempting a heatwave now. You're going to fly all the way here to have Liverpool temporarily look like California.
Bryan Harley

Post by Bryan Harley »

I'm kinda serious. I'll take a month off work and help do whatever. I'm too old and broken to sleep on a floor, that's my only issue.
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pm Martin Lejeune and Dave Brain are also hired, even though they don't know it yet
I felt a disturbance in the force and was compelled to log in. :lol:
You should definitely talk to Mrs Faldor about costumes, they're just finishing up on a series for ITV.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Owen Ward wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:05 pm Long time since I've been round these parts, how's it going?

I'm a Liverpool local, so more than happy to help out with this. I also help run an acting class, so I've got plenty of options for if you need any local actors.
Whoa! Cool, sounds like a party. We're looking at a March 27th start date at the moment, IF we get the cast attachments. Would be cool to get everyone involved somehow.
Ornsack wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmBryan, yes. Martin Lejeune and Dave Brain are also hired, even though they don't know it yet
Ooh yes I'm up for this if you'll have me!
Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmit's based in Liverpool and Northern Wales
Rememeber the rules of filming in the UK in the eyes of an international audience - If it's filmed in the south of England it's "a movie" and if it's filmed in northern England/Wales/Scotland/N Ireland it's "a foreign movie". I jest of course, but I feel like that's worth thinking about when it comes to festivals etc :D

Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pmthe gloom of the weather in the UK quite well. The whole "never see the sun" aspect works well. It's definitely a very different vibe.
You're tempting a heatwave now. You're going to fly all the way here to have Liverpool temporarily look like California.
I didn't even consider the "foreign movie" aspect. In the same way that I hope "Road to Perth" felt like an oddly un-Australian look at Australia, I hope we can do the same for the north of England / north Wales. haha we'll see. It helps that we have a couple "Americans" in the cast (even though they might be played by Brits). I will say there's a tremendous amount of exposure to UK films/tv that didn't exist ten years ago in the USA... so hopefully audiences are more keen to take a chance on a "foreign" product. haha...
Bryan Harley wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:37 am I'm kinda serious. I'll take a month off work and help do whatever. I'm too old and broken to sleep on a floor, that's my only issue.
Yes. Let's figure this out. I'll hit you up once I know for sure the movie is actually happening. Would be great to have you there!
Faldor wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:36 pm
Chad Peter wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pm Martin Lejeune and Dave Brain are also hired, even though they don't know it yet
I felt a disturbance in the force and was compelled to log in. :lol:
You should definitely talk to Mrs Faldor about costumes, they're just finishing up on a series for ITV.
She have a reel of some sort? Something to show the producers (besides just me)?
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

Chad Peter wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:22 pm She have a reel of some sort? Something to show the producers (besides just me)?
Dropped you a link on facebook.